Head ups: MLT

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sat Feb 20 18:47:27 CET 2016

On Saturday, 20 February 2016 at 00:25, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hello,
> I thought that's nice announce that MLT, soon will change qt plugins
> from qt4 to qt5 (only in F23), I hope this change will let
> have kdenlive-15.08.0 in F23 .

Wait. You shouldn't do a major GUI library switch in a released Fedora
version. This should be done only in rawhide. Otherwise you're changing
user experience significantly, which is against the Fedora stable
updates policy.

Are there any security fixes in the new version that uses qt5 that
can't be easily backported to the older qt4 one? That might be
a good reason to push such disruptive change, but otherwise I wouldn't
do that.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org