Updated nvidia drivers?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:54:11 CEST 2016

The 358 series are no longer listed on the UNIX download page and I'm
having problems with both it and the 340 series drivers.

358 shifts my screen on my MythTV box on my TV to the left and it's not
possible to shift it back, no workaround.

340 works fine until I try to reboot and segfaults and prevents shutdown
from completing so I have to power off the machine.

I am going to try to build the latest long life package myself but there's
somewhat of a complicated dependency between packages. Is there a
particular order it has to be done in? Or is there a bootstrapping process?

Thanks,
Richard