How much RAM do the arm builders have?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:55:22 CEST 2016

> Hi list,
>
> first of all thank you to Nicolas, Sergio and others for setting up the
> new infra! Keep up the good work guys!
> May I ask how much memory do the arm build servers have available? My
> qmc2 and mame builds have both failed due to memory exhaustion. While I
> am in the process of moving them to Fedora proper, this issue might end
> up affecting other packages as well. Both qmc2 and mame built fine on
> i686 and on x86_64 so this could be used as an indication of how much
> memory is sufficient.
> Thank you for the information in advance.

Arm builder have 2GB, thoses are dedicated hardware, so we cannot add
more RAM on theses.
They are the same we have always used, so unless something have
changed in the toolchain, the package should build fine.
That been said, there are some memory issues with rsyslog and
arm-builder01 gone unstable (rebooted since then).
I don't know if it's the cause or consequence, but I will resubmit
jobs one by one.

If it still doesn't build on arm as previously, please use
ExcludeArch: armv7hl and add a bug entry with a blocker to #2407
(arm-ftbfs) in our bugzilla.

FYI, x86_64 builders are 4GB VM, 2vCPU

Thx

--