yet anothers things to do: Appstream, comps and remix

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:30:13 CEST 2016

> Hello,
>     https://github.com/rpmfusion-infra/rpmfusion-comps/
I've created them for free and the nonfree section, but that should be
mirrors until we re-integrate into the repos and every packager can
access them.
We had them in the repos until plague, but even with the last days of
plague, the feature you are talking about wasn't working anymore IIRC.

That was probably because the Base repo is defined in Fedora, but if
we change Base in a 3rd part repo, one can "control" packages that are
installed.
So I don't know if the feature was kept.

Eventually I will re-introduce comps in f25/rawhide for testing if
that's still usefull.

But for Appstream free/nonfree data package, it would be better to use
something like Supplement appstream-data instead. This should have the
same effects.
I still need to adapt the way we generate the repo is on EL7 system,
and to have weak dependencies working it should be a recent fedora...

Thx

--
-