nvidia module not loading

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Wed Oct 5 03:53:23 CEST 2016

On 04/10/16 00:21, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Yes I did.
>>>
>>> Made no difference.
>>>
>>> I tried with F23 and no issues.
>> Please remove, then re-install the driver, something is broken with your setup.
>> You are not supposed to run grub2-mkconfig yourslef (it's handled by
>> the driver installation).
>> BTW, are you using an EFI boot ?
> Also once re-installed, please attach the output of
> nvidia-bug-report.sh to our bugzilla
> That will have all the information I need to debug the problem.

I will submit the bug report later tonight when I can get on the
machine.  Is there a particular bug or should I create one.

I wanted to use EFI but with the change in kernel and signed modules.  I
didn't get it working.  It was a new machine this spring after a fight
with a couple of defective Gigabyte MBs.  I was not in any mood to fight
with the kernel.

The machine needs Windows for two games that won't work in Wine due to
the anti-cheat software.

 From what I can see, the akmod didn't build the rpm properly and thus
didn't install it properly.  After building the kmod rpm, removing the
old one and installing the new one, a reboot worked.

Thanks for the help.

Robin