mplayer and vlc errors in F25 and rawhide (F26) after friday and saturday's updates

stan Cuex_groppUd0 at q.com
Fri Oct 7 21:10:26 CEST 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 11:10:33 -0700
stan <Cuex_groppUd0 at q.com> wrote:

> The xorg server packages updated to the next version of 1.19, and I
> had hopes this would solve the issue, but it didn't.  Looks like I'll
> have to revert the 20 or 30 xorg packages to see if that will.

I downgraded all the relevant xorg packages to server 1.18.4.6, and
everything started working again.

It seems that 1.19 should have been 2.0 instead, as it has broken the
abi / api of X for applications.  It's equivalent to bumping the so
number of a library.

Anyway, I'll mention this on the mplayer user list.