--- Comment #1 from Andrea Musuruane <musuruan(a)gmail.com> 2008-12-29 12:48:35 ---
- Packages including libraries should exclude static libs as far as possible.
In general, packagers are strongly encouraged not to ship static libs unless a
compelling reason exists.
Therefore what is the compelling reason? Can't a patch be made to compile a
Even if you can provide a compelling reason, you are not following Fedora
Guidelines to package a static only library:
- The gcc-c++ BR is not necessary:
- You should really provide a debuginfo package:
- UTF-8 file conversion should happen in %prep and not in %install
- It seems you used as a base the PackMan package. Adapting another
distribution package can be a daunting task. Sometimes it is better to start
Configure bugmail: http://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.