--- Comment #16 from Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora(a)leemhuis.info> 2009-06-28 15:48:27
okay, robert contacted a few mirror admins and ask them for their option; we
got some replies and further discussed the issue on Fudcon in personal today.
We agreed to basically do this:
- I review the package with the intention to include it in the nonfree (even if
it's kind of free, but it has a restriction which might make it nonfree in some
peoples eyes) repository later
- we send an announcement to the mirror admins in the US soon to make sure that
this package is coming in a few weeks; that way they can update their mirror
scripts to exclude this package from syncing
- we also add a short note to the text mirrormanager shows new mirror admins to
make sure they get aware of this issue
- that text mentions a wiki page (which will get created) that explains the
issue and lists problematic packages like this
- we add a short "README" to the wiki and the mirror somewhere that mentions
this issues and basically says "before using or redistributing nonfree software
make sure it's legal to do so where you are"
Does that sound fine for everyone? If not please speak up over the next few
Configure bugmail: http://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.