Bug #: 3833
Summary: Review request: pianobar - "pianobar" is a
free/open-source, console-based Pandora client
Product: Package Reviews
Component: Review Request
* Full URLs to the spec file and source rpm of the package.
* A short description for the package (usually, the %description from the spec
Pianobar is a free/open-source, console-based client for the personalized
online radio Pandora
* play and manage (create, add more music, delete, rename, ...) stations
* rate songs and explain why they have been selected
* upcoming songs/song history
* customize keybindings and text output
* remote control and eventcmd interface (send tracks to last.fm, for example)
* proxy support for listeners outside the USA
* Why this package is not eligible to be included in Fedora.
It depends on ffmpeg-libs which is not available in Fedora.
* The output rpmlint gives on both the source and binary packages. Explain for
each message why you've chosen to ignore it.
$ rpmlint SRPMS/pianobar-2014.09.28-1.fc23.src.rpm
pianobar.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US eventcmd -> eventide
pianobar.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US fm -> FM, Fm, gm
pianobar.src: W: invalid-license AS-IS
1 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 3 warnings.
The spelling error warnings are not correct.
The license warning is just complaining that it doesn't recognize "as-is" as
license type, but if you actually read COPYING you'll see it's about as simple
and permissive as could possibly be.
$ rpmlint RPMS/x86_64/pianobar-2014.09.28-1.fc23.x86_64.rpm
pianobar.x86_64: E: explicit-lib-dependency ffmpeg-libs
pianobar.x86_64: E: explicit-lib-dependency libao
pianobar.x86_64: E: explicit-lib-dependency libgcrypt
pianobar.x86_64: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US eventcmd -> eventide
pianobar.x86_64: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US fm -> FM, Fm, gm
pianobar.x86_64: W: incoherent-version-in-changelog 2014.09.28
pianobar.x86_64: W: invalid-license AS-IS
1 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 3 errors, 4 warnings.
Same as above, with the addition of:
The three explicit-lib errors are wrong, those are the names of the rpms in
question, not libraries.
The version is what the upstream project uses as a version.
This is my first RPM Fusion package.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.