On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora(a)leemhuis.info> wrote:
So even when Livna gets back shipping packages for f17, rhel6, ...
might be worth discussing the issue again, as I mentioned a few months
ago already. Best way forward imho is someone sending a question like
"would you stop contributing to RPM Fusion if said package gets
included" to all contributors and then decide considering the answers
and all the other available information.
Maybe we could take a vote? Would the -devel list be appropriate?
Here's some strawman options:
Option A: Put libdvdcss into rpmfusion-free.
Most convenient option for users. Some RPM Fusion devs or mirror
operators might object.
Option B: Create a parallel rpmfusion-libdvdcss repository, that would
be similar to our -free and -nonfree repos.
This gives mirror operators the flexibility to exclude this
repository if they are not comfortable hosting the RPMs.
Option C: Put a libdvdcss spec into the rpmfusion-free CVS, but don't build it.
The advantage here is that users at least can access the spec file
if livna goes down again.
Option D: Do nothing.