Ralf Corsepius <rc040203(a)freenet.de> wrote:
On 10/06/2009 12:54 PM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:35:28PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 10/06/2009 12:03 PM, Matthias Saou wrote:
>>> Last night, I made some DNS configuration changes using Gandi's
>>> web interface. I shouldn't have touched rpmfusion.* domains, but
>>> I somehow managed to do so (I honestly don't know how, though),
>>> and pointed rpmfusion.org
to a wrong zone file.
>>> Someone notified me a few minutes ago about this by IM since I
>>> hadn't yet checked my emails for today, and it's now fixed.
>> Is it?
>> For me, www.rpmfusion.org
seems to work again, but
>> mirrors.rpmfusion.orig, download1.rpmfusion.org
>> DNS delays showing their effect or is there still something broken?
> DNS seems to be working again and after a restart of httpd I see
> lots of people accessing the mirrorlist again. So that part looks
> good again from here.
Wild guess: I guess, Thias managed to poison dns/bind-caches.
dig +trace [mirrors|...].rpmfusion.org
brought them back for me ;(
Well... at least I've figured out the problem : The gandi.net
interface gets *very* confused if you start editing different zones at
the same time (i.e. in separate browser tabs), which is what got me to
apply configuration from another zone to the rpmfusion.org
So I'm currently moving away from the solution of using that as the
primary DNS server, back to one of my own servers, and 3 separate
If anyone notices anything weird, please reply and also CC: me so that
I see it immediately in my inbox, thanks!