CVS server accessible

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Oct 30 19:09:23 CET 2007

On 30.10.2007 17:43, Matthias Saou wrote:

> The CVS server that Kevin set up is now interfaced with the FDS (Fedora
> Directory Server) for user accounts. No FAS (Fedora Account System) for
> the near future (*), but at least accounts are centralised in the LDAP,
> not the SSH keys just yet, but that should be trivial to do.
>
> The following users have access already :
> [...]

thx thias!

> It's accessible as follows :
> export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/pkgs
> cvs co rpms

Just wondering: will we use one root for both free and nonfree? Or
should we better separate them with

export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/free
and
export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/nonfree

Separating sounds like the better way if we ever start things like
{replacements,nosrc,latestfoo,somethingstupid,whatever}.rpmfusion.org
in the long term.

> I'm pretty sure it won't work because some groups still need to be
> set... ah, the wonders of CVS! Kevin : Will you take care of that? Do
> we need fine grained access using extended attributes for instance?

I'd say it should be fine to start without ACLs.

Cu
thl