Buildsys cflags issue solved, now need someone to fix it

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Aug 1 20:01:21 CEST 2008

Sorry for the late reply.

Just a note: I got a second x86_64 builder offered for long term use by
someone else in private.

On 24.07.2008 19:27, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 18:21 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 24.07.2008 18:10, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> [...] that's why that builder use the older mechanism for now
>>> (¹). [...] (¹) the plan is to reinstall the builder once we can
>>> shut livna down;
>> Note: for that we at least temporary need another x86_64 system
>> that could serve as buildsys for a few days while the livna one is
>> getting a fresh OS. Can anybody provide such a system? Would need a
>> lot of hard disk space for a local mirror or a really fast internet
>> connection.
> I've already got the better part of a local mirror and a reasonably
> hefty pipe (20Mbps incoming, 5Mbps out), and could try to have a box
> available this weekend... Nothing fantastic, just a dual-core opteron
>  1.8GHz w/2GB of RAM, but its doing nothing else at the moment.
> Definitely available if nobody has anything better available
> sooner...
>> It would be great to have two x86_64-builders in general. So maybe
>> that system could stay as second builder for the foreseeable
>> future.
> If I can merge some stuff from a full-time-on i686 box I've got
> (hosts mythdora.com, is where we do mythdora collaboration/spinning)
> onto the x86_64 build host, I wouldn't have a problem with keeping it
> up and running indefinitely. Just don't want to have a third entirely
> separate machine running full-time... :)

That sounds like a nice box that's way faster than what we have (a old
and small Athlon 64 desktop box). If you want to offer it for the long
term I'd be willing to configure it (means: install plague-builder and
mock; enable it in the plague-server; test).

If you just want to offer it only temporary then I'd say we wait a bit
until we have RPM Fusion running poperly; then we can configure your
box, use it temporary, reinstall the livna builer, configure it anew and
switch back again.