Just a note: I'm a packager and no infra guy

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Aug 9 19:47:29 CEST 2008

Hi!

just a quick note FYI:

Somebody in #rpmfusion on freenode said to me:

 > you are responsible for the infra only

Just to set things straight: It might look like that to a lot of people
here, but in fact I have *no* interest in infrastructure work at all
(and not much experience in it). It just happened that I did a lot of it
in livna as there was nearly nobody else that did it (and over time is
seems I became the only one that did it for Livna). Similar in RPM
Fusion -- I just did some infra things here and there as it seemed
somebody had to do them to get things moving.

Because all that takes a lot of my free time I don't own much packages
anymore. I don't like that very much and hope that changes again over
time. I especially would like to see the graphics drivers improved
(parallel installable, Live-CD-capable), want to maintain more kmods in
RPM Fusion, get a RPM Fusion spin online and get RPM Fusion for EL/EPEL
running (the latter likely means I need to maintain a few packages in
that branch that are owned by other people in RPM Fusion for Fedora).

So please consider Xavier the lead infra guy; Nigel Jones ("G") offered
to help him, but has no access to the machines yet; more people are
likely wanted, but maybe its easier to get them into the loop if we have
things running.

My plan is to get mostly (maybe even completely, if possible) out of
infra work for RPM Fusion as soon as possible -- hopefully that is soon
after we have RPM Fusion running and shut down the livna builder to
reinstall it for RPM Fusion.