why updated ffmpeg in F-8 and F-9

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Aug 10 18:49:37 CEST 2008

On 10.08.2008 18:33, David Juran wrote:
> I noticed that ffmpeg in the F-8 and F-9 version of rpmfusion is the
> version from livna devel with the new include-files structure. Is this
> intentional?

Yes. Rathann, Hans, Kwizard and I discussed the best way forward
regarding ffmpeg and faad2 a week ago on IRC and it was agreed on that
the new one was the best way.

> I would much rather prefer if the livna F-8 version was
> used for rpmfusion F-8

Not easily possible. faad2 and ffmpeg both are newer in freshrpms, so we
had to go to a newer snapshot anyway for a proper update path from
freshrpms :-/

> so that I wouldn't have to maintain two different
> versions of transcode for livna and rpmfusion.

Yeah, that sucks. But the plan it so move users over from livna to RPM
Fusion soon, so hopefully this shouldn't cause to much trouble/take to
long. As most packages need to use the new include-files structure in
devel anyway it should be easy to just use that spec file everywhere.