PLEASE READ: Import status livna, work from maintainers required

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Aug 11 07:01:56 CEST 2008

On 10.08.2008 22:16, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 14:42 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>>> === missing deps ===
>>>
>>> || # || name || deps missing or problems ||
>>> || 321 || ushare-freeworld || libdlna (315) ||
>>> || 306 || dvdstyler || mplayer (479), y4mscaler (476)  ||
>>> || 325 || mythtv  || libdvdcss libfame||
> [...]
>> Again: If one of your packages is in above list and made troublem then
>> please help getting them fixed. If you need help or have trouble
>> accessing CVS or buildsys please ask here or in #rpmfusion on freenode. tia!
> I'm not seeing evidence in the list for why libdvdcss and libfame are
> missing...

libfame has no owner in RPM Fusion; see

http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
or
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-July/000607.html

Quoting the latter:

>   * the following Livna package have no owner in RPM Fusion; but the
> packages are required, as other Livna/RPM Fusion packages depend on them:
 >[...]
> Fedora|libfame|Fast Assembly Mpeg Encoding library|???||
> -> needed by mythtv

Do you want to take it?

About the other package. I'm not going to touch that package ever in RPM
Fusion and I more and more agree with those people that asked not to
ship it. So IOW: Somebody else needs to branch, import, build and sign
that package.

I'm not familiar with the matter, but all the other packages that BR
that package in the past use another package now. Was it dvdread? Can't
remember, but I think so; it iirc uses the package in question
dynamically if needed.