RPM Fusion for EL/EPEL 5

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Aug 16 14:47:09 CEST 2008

On 16.08.2008 12:45, Nikolay Ulyanitsky wrote:
>> Welcome, glad to hear someone wants to help out with the EPEL part of rpmfusion.
>> Question, do you maintain any packages in Fedora / EPEL itself?
> At this time I am not a Fedora/EPEL contributor because I
> thought that EPEL contributors must support Fedora packages too but
> I use RHEL everywhere and have no time to support Fedora.

I mentioned it to Nikolay in private already, but I just wanted to state
it here for the rest of the readers as well:

You can participate in EPEL without contributing to Fedora. Some Fedora
people don't like that concept to much, but it's imho a good thing and
definitely allowed (might be in the EPEL FAQ even, but that's 503 right
now, so I can't check) :-)

Cu