upgrade path for current fedora releases - audacity

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 21 14:27:28 CEST 2008

Hi All,

For the existing livna-releases for F8 and F9, should we plan on bumping
the release {even if there is no other change} so that the user would
get updated to the rpmfusion package ?
Is it better to leave them on their current version ?

I didn't think much off it for smaller {libraryish packages}, but for a
large package like audacity-nonfree, containing both devel and
semi-stable audacity releases, it works out for i386 as a download of
5.2MB or so.

Second related query, in this instance the original {Michael's} devel
spec is a dev release newer than what was in livna f8,f9. What do you
think about updating F8, F9 users to this later dev release ?

Michael has mentioned that audacity devel releases sometimes break
previously working code. The bits that I've tested seem OK, and that
package provides a dual installed older version. This means that a user
who found something to be problematic in the current devel, could try
the earlier release instead {from the menu: this is quite handy as well
if you want to check whether the current release has broken something}.

ps. I also plan on adding the Requires: lame-libs, so that mp3 export
just works. But perhaps there was a good reason to leave this out of the
livna and / or rpmfusion package ?

DaveT.