SELinux and execheap

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Aug 27 12:47:16 CEST 2008

Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/8/27 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:
>>> Any idea what is wrong?
>> No,
>>
>> But can you try the following:
>> ls -Z /usr/bin/uae
>>
>> And if that does not show unconfined_execmem_exec_t, then the scriptlets are
>> not working for some reason.
>
> It does show unconfined_execmem_exec_t. uae is the binary - there is
> no wrapper.
>
> I do think that unconfined_execmem_exec_t is not the right context.
> But I cannot find a good one. I don't even know if a good one
> exists...

Try java_exec_t, otherwise try making it require an executable stack by doing:
execstack -s /usr/bin/uae

And combine that with either unconfined_execmem_exec_t  or java_exec_t, it has
been a while for me, but in my memory requiring an executable stack (and
changing the type to allow this) sometimes helped with programs which need an
executable heap.

Regards,

Hans