rpmfusion based spin

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Aug 29 07:34:44 CEST 2008

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 10:00 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >
> >> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Make sure you have the latest updates and file bug reports otherwise.
> >>
> > I am using vanilla FC9
> >
> Without the updates?
Updated, until RH decided to close down the repos and to expose FC user
to the vulnerabilities of such kind of setup contains.

>  There was a number of issues fixed in the later
> updates. Anyway, if you aren't running it at all, no point discussing it.
Like most recent new developments (NM, PA, PK, SELinux) in Fedora these
tool all lack a concept of "multi-user capability", "user roles" and
networked setups - If they have them (e.g. PA) then they are well
hidden :/

Things like gnome applets "molesting" "ordinary users" with "SELinux
alerts", "Update alerts" or NM showing up on machines with static
wireless setups, to me, simply are fundamental design flaws,
disqualifying these applications, to me.