x264 and ffmpeg updates coming to rawhide

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Wed Dec 3 19:06:11 CET 2008

In the long-standing tradition of breaking stuff right after a new release,
I'm going to update x264 and ffmpeg in the devel branch.

x264 brings ABI and API changes (albeit minor). I haven't checked ffmpeg
yet, but there's certainly an ABI version bump in libavcodec and probably
some API changes as well.

Right now x264 is blocked on some ppc compilation issue which I'm currently
trying to fix with the help of one x264 developer. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."