Livna-release depends on fedora-release

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Dec 7 16:20:14 CET 2008

On 07.12.2008 15:49, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 05.12.2008 20:53, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> This was essentially the same issue with rpmfusion release packages
>>> as well. Please rebuild this package and depend on system-release
>>> instead of fedora-release, so that Fedora remixes can use
>>> livna-release correctly.
>> Seems http://rpm.livna.org/ recently got a new frontpage that points
>> to a new livna-release rpm that has no such dependency at all.
> As in, no dependency on either system-release of Fedora-release?

Looks like it. I suppose that is to let the release package also work on
EL5.

> I did a
> custom build of livna-release in my compose to workaround the problem
> and send the updated spec to Rex Dieter (offlist)

Well, looks like the packages are in a new place and were updates as
well -- I suppose that also was made to make support for EL5 a bit easier.

> I can't seem to find a
> link to livna-release or the repositories.  Am I missing something?

The front page I see mentions things like
| 'su -c "rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release.rpm"
and
| As repo URL just use http://rpm.livna.org/repo/10/i386/ [...]

You afaics can use the later as starting point to browse the repo.