Omega 10 Release Candidate

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:05:13 CET 2008

Hi,

Omega is a Linux based operating system and a Fedora remix suitable for
desktop and laptop users. It is a installable Live CD for regular PC
(i686 architecture) systems. It has all the features of Fedora 10 and
number of additional software including multimedia players and codecs by
default.
You can play any multimedia content (including MP3) or commercial DVD's
out of the box.

Download
----------------

ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/om...desktop-rc.iso
<ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/omega-10-desktop-rc.iso>

Kickstart files:

ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/fedora-10-live-base.ks
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/omega-10-desktop-livecd.ks

Release Notes
-------------------

ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/RE...-Release-Notes
<ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/README.Omega-10-Release-Notes>

Testing
----------

I will be announcing the general release, formally in a short while so I
wanted to make sure, there aren't any last minute bugs sneaking in. If a
few people could download this ISO and give me some quick feedback, it
would be very much appreciated. Please focus on multimedia players since
that is the major chunk of differences. From the preview release, I have
made some changes in the package defaults (added openjdk and other minor
utilities, remove some other packages), fixed a branding issue and
workaround some SELinux denials issues with Xine and other multimedia
players.

Rahul