Can't connect to CVS

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Mon Dec 22 18:49:05 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty connecting to CVS: Permission denied. I last
connected successfully a month or so ago but can't get in now... I have
resubmitted my RSA public key to FAS and re-downloaded all the
certificates but no joy.

Here's an example session:

$ export CVSROOT=:ext:cnolan at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/nonfree
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ cvs co common
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
$ cvs -t co common
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:cnolan at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/nonfree
 -> safe_location( where=(null) )
 -> Starting server: ssh -l cnolan cvs.rpmfusion.org cvs server
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
 -> Lock_Cleanup()

And the debug output from "ssh -vvv -l cnolan cvs.rpmfusion.org cvs
server" is here:

http://dpaste.com/101652/

I'm pretty sure that the noise between lines 9 and 38 is a red-herring.
The real problem seems to be that the server doesn't accept my key.

I can successfully connect to other servers using publickey auth from
the same machine.

Any help?
Thanks
Chris