IMDbPy?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Dec 26 09:36:50 CET 2008

Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 22 December 2008 07:28:17 pm Chris Petersen wrote:
>> http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> The "MythVideo" part of MythTV will soon require this library for
>> certain functionality.  I suspect that because it violates the IMDB
>> website terms (by being a scraper), it wouldn't get into Fedora proper,
>> but I'm wondering if it would be allowed here.
>>
>> I'll have an updated spec shortly, but wanted to post this message
>> before submitting a review request, etc.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> IMDbPy is in Fedora.

Ah, did a little more digging.  Looks like it's listed as python-imdb in
fedora CVS, but has no "provides" for IMDbPY for those of us who are
actually searching for the upstream package name.  On top of that, it's
also not showing up in the yum repositories my machines are hitting, so
doesn't turn up in my search results.  I'll poke in mainline fedora
channels to find out what's up, thanks.

-Chris