apt and smart support for RPM Fusion and Livna

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Dec 26 12:08:12 CET 2008

(tofu fixed)

On 25.12.2008 21:33, Nigel Henry wrote:

>>> Bug was filed, and fixed in Rawhide. Now someone just has to backport it
>>> to F10
>>
>> I'd go for backporting it to F8, and F9 as well. Apt was working just fine on
>> both the Livna, and Freshrpms repos, until the transition to Rpmfusion, when
>> everything hit the fan.
 > I'm sending this again, as it didn't seem to appear on the list,

It had afaics.

 > and it would
 > be nice to have apt support for accessing the rpmfusion repo's.

Well, do you want just want to let someone else do all the work to
implement your wishes or are you actually willing to help getting what
you want?

I don't want to discourage you with that statement/question. But there
are likely hundreds of things people want RPM Fusion to do. That's okay.
A lot of those things often get done sooner or later -- but most of the
time (nearly always I'd say) it's done because somebody that is
interested in a thing actually realizes it or at least helps someone
else to realize it. That's how Open-Source-Projects like RPM Fusion work
-- people only work on things they are interested in. It only happens
rarely that somebody realizes something that someone else requested,
without being interested in it itself.