rpmfusion mockbuild service ?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 14:03:28 CET 2008

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 12:40:26 +0100, Thorsten wrote:

> >> I thought it could be useful to see that a package can build on all
> >> available arch and supported releases - that a packager doesn't have
> >> machines running ;-)
> >
> > Plague can do scratch-builds, also if configured to build only from
> > cvs. They are called "testing" builds though and need additional
> > build targets and optionally add-ons for the cvs Makefiles.
>
> In the end it afaics makes a whole lot of work for a very small gain and
> thus I think I can spend my time on things that are more important for
> RPM Fusion.

It would not be a lot of work to duplicate the existing target config
files, rename them to *-scratch.cfg, set "testing = yes" and a "-testing"
alias, and leave it to the packagers to use these extra build targets with
"plague-client build ..." manually instead of using "make build".

If popular enough, I'm sure somebody will contribute a Makefile*
modification to make it more convenient (and e.g. construct the build
target alias on-the-fly if $BUILD_FLAGS contains --scratch).

> BTW, here it poor mens scratch build for RPM Fusion: Kick of a build,
> watch it closely and kill it once the last arch finished (and before its
> downloaded -- if you miss that point drop me a line and I'll delete the
> package from the needsign repo)

It's the wrong approach IMO. A human bottle-neck where things could
be automated. I'd rather make available the Plague configuration in
RPM Fusion svn and be open for contributed changes.