VMWare open-vm-tools adoption

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 20:22:37 CET 2008

Hello,

I am interested in adopting the open-vm-tools packages as described here:

http://thorstenl.blogspot.com/2007/12/vmware-util-and-driver-packages.html

I've been supporting RHEL for the past several years and building
local RPMs. It looks like we are probably going to be deploying Macs
running VMWare Fusion to developers so I have a strong personal
interest in open-vm-tools working. However, I'm not too keen on livna
only since I usually use Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Does it sound reasonable to have it only in RPMFusion?