VMWare open-vm-tools adoption

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Tue Jan 1 23:12:24 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 02:03:49PM -0800, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> I'm not familiar with non-RHEL packages in CentOS. Does this mean they
> are going to be submitted to Livna when ready?

I would guess they are destined for the centosplus repository (contains
things like rebuilt kernels with added features, etc).  They also are
preparing a kernel-vm kernel using 100Hz interrupts vs 1000.

One could probably approach them about making them available in livna
or at least keeping the two packages from stepping on each other..

Ray