kmodtool upstream

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 31 17:59:00 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:48 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Thu January 31 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > Is there a repo available already?
> >
> > Nope.

> > > Imho developing it in Fedora cvs was not good. Can you maybe use
> > > fedorahosted to develop it? Or host it on somehow else, which makes sure
> > > where to get it, how to report bugs and send patches?
> >
> > In the long run: maybe. But I don't want to have yet another thing on my
> > plate that keeps me away from working on RPM Fusion.
>
> So how is one supposed to create a kmod package (e.g. VirtualBox-OSE-kmod) for
> RPM Fusion if there is no way to get to kmodtool?

I seem to recall that you can yum install kmodtool from livna. Yep,
there it is...

http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/development/SRPMS/kmodtool-1-7.lvn9.src.rpm

> Btw. kmodinstdir_postfix should propably be called
> kmodinstdir_suffix. "Postfix" is afaik not an english word.

Yes it is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postfix

post·fix  [v. pohst-fiks, pohst-fiks; n. pohst-fiks]
–verb (used with object)
1.
to affix at the end of something;
append; suffix.
–noun
2.
something postfixed.
3.
a suffix.

[Origin: 1795–1805; post- + -fix, modeled on prefix]

—Related forms
post·fix·al, post·fix·i·al, adjective

--
Jarod Wilson