current status

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jul 12 22:37:07 CEST 2008

On 10.07.2008 10:15, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> I'm curious what is the current status of rpmfusion. At the beginning of
> July we got the CVS and FAS2 working, so I suppose the buildsystem is
> what's still missing. I'm happy to test some things if this can help.

Okay, after working on RPM Fusion push scripts and some other things
around it I can give a quick status update before leaving the keyboard
for now. Initial, rough test repos for free and nonfree are up; you can
browse them at:

http://193.28.235.60/free/fedora/updates/testing/9/i386/
http://193.28.235.60/nonfree/fedora/updates/testing/9/i386/

The free repo contains only libmms; the nonfree only sdlmame

@dribble guys -- we afaics should soon be able to use this repo to
distribute dribble updates. But I'm the only one right now that has
access to queue builds :-/ So if you want something build from CVS just
import is to CVS and tag it -- then tell me the package name and the tag
(preferred) or release to build. Note: we are building for ppc64 -- some
packages will fail on that arch and need to be fixed or ExcludArch'ed

Next things on my todo list

- get the IP of the box (it's the same one that serves Livna; kindly
provided and maintained by Pix) into DNS as download1.rpmfusion.org or
download2.rpmfusion.org

- create/import/publish a rpmfusion-release.rpm -- firewing1 iirc
created one already iirc

- talk to Xavier about making the plague-server box plague aware; this
is the first step to make plague available for everyone

- in parallel: build and publish as much dribble packages as possible;
after that slowly start building livna packages as well

- discuss what to do with kernel modules.
	We never discussed if we want to do what livna does (kmods and akmods
-- e.g. the user can chose if he wants pre-compiled or dynamically
compiling modules) or what freshrpms does (dkms -- only dynamically,
which is something Asus Eee-PCs users afaik don't like to much).

Cu
knurd

P.S.: *Don't* announce this repos to widely yet please. There is still a
ton of work that needs to be done; and a lot of stuff that can break on
that way. I'm aslo sure there are some errors, so some things (path?)
still might need to be adjusted...