My package import progress report

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:30:52 CEST 2008

2008/7/28 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
> On Sunday, 27 July 2008 at 17:34, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> KH KH wrote:

>> >How can we be sure to have them prepared if we don't know how the
>> >ffmpeg package will be done ?
>>
>> I've assumed everything will stay the same as in livna with regards to
>> ffmpeg.
>>
>> I've patches for building gstreamer-ffmpeg with swscale, which are
>> currently used in F-9 and devel branches, I also have patches around for
>> the older gstreamer-ffmpeg version in F-8 to build that with swscale, so if
>> people want to take this opportunity to update ffmpeg in F-8 I'm fine with
>> that from gstreamer-ffmpeg pov (I'm not sure doing this is a good idea in
>> general though, people still using F-8 will be doing so because they like
>> some stability).
>
> If I can't get everything done this week, you'll have to wait three more weeks
> before I get back from my vacation.
>
>> >(either with or without swscaler for F-8) which version ? which API
>> >(remember the header name problem ?)
>>
>> The header name problem is solved with a simple sed in the devel branch
>> package if a newer ffmpeg gets used in F-9 or F-8 simply copying this sed
>> command from the devel .spec will suffice.
>>
>> Currently all packages are prepped to build assuming the ffmpeg version and
>> configuration does not chance from livna -> rpmfusion (which seems the sane
>> thing to do to me).
>
> I have no plans to make big changes anywhere except rawhide.
Does that means faad2 will stay with 2.0 in F-8 (what about upgrading
from freshrpms to rpmfusion in this case ?)
same for x264 ?
it would be nice to have thoses dependencies updated, and then ffmpeg
at the same version as the livna one (probably) but with EVR higher
than freshrpms ffmpeg.
Now another way would be to rebase F-8 from the F-9 scheme (ffmpeg
with swscale introducing ffmpeg-compat for vlc and others).
Or even rebase from F-8 and F-9 from Rawhide scheme.

But in any cases , I think we need to update faad and x264 (or drop
the idea that updating from freshrpms would be safe).
That's only a matter of choice.

Nicolas (kwizart)