Packages that still needs a maintainer

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 28 15:32:24 CEST 2008

Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/7/18 David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au>:
>> Does the maintainer need to submit a review as normal ?
>> Does the maintainer need to already be a rpmfusion accepted maintainer {ie
>> already maintaining packages in fusion} ?
>
> If you are already a Fedora sponsored packager (i.e. you have packages
> in Fedora) you can claim the ownership of these orphaned packages and
> you don't need to submit any review.

On http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge, seems the following haven't
been claimed:
====
audacity-nonfree +
fame
gcube +
jad
KmPg2
libfame +
lxdvdrip
m2vrequantiser
madplay +
mixxx
mjpegtools +
mpgtx +
normalize +
ogmtools
pdflib-lite +
tcmplex-panteltje
vcdimager
vdr-burn
vdr-dxr3
vdr-mp3
vdr-remote
vdrsync
y4mscaler
=====
I put a [+] next to packages I'm interested in maintaining. As a fedora
sponsored maintainer, but having no completed reviews in rpmfusion, am I
eligible to claim ?

If yes, then I'll start with mpgtx and normalize - and put my name in
the above web page. I'm just not sure whether I'm going about it the
correct way ?

For example, should I import the existing livna-devel package {ie a
known entity}, or check to see whether upstream has newer releases, and
work to get the newer package going ?

I can also add entries for the other ex dribble packages if that would
be useful {and I'm interested in nes_ntsc & fuse-emulator-roms } ?

DaveT.