Populating CVS (was Re: Dribble Frozen)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon May 5 09:34:24 CEST 2008

Xavier Lamien wrote:
> 2008/5/4 Ian Chapman <packages at amiga-hardware.com>:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just a quick note to those who it concerns that Dribble is now frozen and
>> no new updates or packages will be permitted there. Most contributors are
>> migrating their packages to RPM Fusion, including most of mine. Thanks very
>> much and I wish RPM Fusion the best of luck.
>>

> Thanks a lot Ian,
>
> I think dribble will be the first to merge in next couple of days, as we
> have a clean frozen version of packages set.
>
> Hans give a signal for cvssync.

Xavier,

We (Dribble) don't have a CVS, given the low package count and churn we've
always been passing Ian srpms to build.

So in order to get dribble's packages into rpmfusion cvs / look a side, someone
would need to go to:
http://dribble.org.uk/listrpms4.html

Create cvs modules for all srpms listed there and then use cvs-import on the
srpms linked from there to populate the cvs modules.

Owners for the modules can be found here:
http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge

But I guess all owners first need to have a FAS account, so maybe now would be
a good moment to send a mail to the list asking everyone to create a FAS account?

Hmm, I just realized that creating cvs modules isn't that easy because we first
need to decide on a package for package base wether it goes to non-free or free.

So what are the rules for free? I would like to suggest the following:

"free: anything of which all components are under a license which is listed as
  good on: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

  Notice that free fully follows this webpage except that chapter 6 "Software
  Types" is ignored.

  Notice that anything depending upon anything in non-free must be in non-free
  itself."

Can everyone live with this? If we can agree this is the rule for the non-free
free split, then I can make a list of which packages in dribble should go where.

Regards,

Hans