rpm confusion? :)

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 13 18:25:15 CEST 2008

2008/5/13, Andre Robatino <andre at bwh.harvard.edu>:
> > I already did this.
> > Check the rpmfusion mailling list archive for that.
>
> I've been following the rpmfusion mailing lists for weeks, and except for
> mention of Dribble being frozen and talk of Rpmfusion going active in a
> few days, I haven't seen anything explaining what people using
> Livna/Freshrpms/Dribble will need to do when Rpmfusion goes active (and
> since Livna and Freshrpms have F9 repos set up already, with mutually
> incompatible packages as usual, and are acting as if Rpmfusion didn't exist,
> people do need to know).  Even if this is explained somewhere in the
> mailing list, it would be nice if it was clearly explained right on
> Rpmfusion.org's home page.

I'll clarify this.
Actually, they have nothing to do.
The merge of all packages is not done yet.
You have a status list of infrastructure
(http://rpmfusion.org/Infrastructure) and packages merge on the wiki

> P.S.  I just got an email from fedora-announce-list stating that Livna repos
> are now available for F9, and explaining that the plan is to slowly migrate
> people automatically from Livna to Rpmfusion.  Is the same true for
> Freshrpms
> and Dribble, so people using any of the 3 repos will get automatically
> migrated later?

They should, at least for livna. Dribble already frozen so, next
updates will go into rpmfusion directly. For freshrpms, Thias is the
only one who could answear this.

--
Xavier.t Lamien