totem/gstreamer/ffmpeg issues

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Nov 4 21:04:41 CET 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know what has changed (and whose fault it might be), but today's
> rpmfusion/rawhide update broke totem video play back badly for me
> on an F10/rawhide + rpmfusion-free + rpmfusion-nonfree system.
>
> E.g. I am observing
> * selinux alerts related toten-video-thumbnailer and totem itself having
> selinux problems with libavformat
> * playback of many (all?) *.flv's and *.mp4's has stopped working (So
> far, I haven't found any file for which it works).
>
> All I can say: rpmfusion things used to work when I tried last weekend,
> and now don't do so anymore.

This is most likely caused by the new ffmpeg which has cpu specific
optimalizations turned on for the first time, try manualy removing the version
under /usr/lib[64]/sse2, that should make you fallback to the old no cpu
specific optimalizations version.

Also try turning of selinux (setenforce 0) to see if that fixes things, note
I'm not advocating this as a fix, merely suggesting doing this as a way to
debug this.

Regards,

Hans