Status of RPM Fusion for EL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 9 19:51:28 CET 2008

On 09.11.2008 19:35, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> - gstreamer-plugins-{bad,ugly} -- lost track here; last mail on that
>> topic iirc was this:
>> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-September/001003.html
>> Hans, do you want to work on that? Is somebody else interested to drive
>> this forward (and coordinate with Hans)?
> I don't have much time for this, more importantly I won't be making much use of
> this, therefore I would like to co-maintain this with someone who does use RHEL
> on the desktop, and thus is likely to notice problems before end users do.

Just a note: I'm not using RHEL on my desktop either (but CentOS 5 is on
my gf's machine), so I don't feel really well to take those two over.

> I've been doing some research and RHEL-5.3 is going to muddy the water here.
> 5.0 -> 5.2 have gstreamer + gstreamer-plugins-base at 0.10.9, RHEL-5.3 moves
> those to 0.10.20. So for RHEL-5.3 we can and I guess should be shipping a much
> newer gstreamer-plugings-*, but we dont have any way todo that.

/me wonders if he missed something

/me reads again

/me got lost

Ehhh. Sorry, but why don't we have any way to do that? EPEL ignored the
Z-Streams, thus we likely need to do the same. So where is the problem?
I'd say we get bad and ugly 0.10.9 in now and update to 0.10.20 when 5.3
comes out.

/me still wonders if he missed something

/me feels confused and dumb