Omega - Sudo for first user?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:42:49 CEST 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>>> The official RPM Fusion spin should IMHO be a Fedora + add-on
>>> packages and nothing else.
>>>

>>> Yes, we could do fancy things like enabling sudo by default and
>>> hundred other things where Fedora sucks. But that's somethings that
>>> is IMHO just as bad as replacing packages from Fedora (which we
>>> don't do)
>> I kind of see your point but I think there is room for minor
>> improvements such as these.
>
> I think that if this improvement is worth the trouble, it should go
> into the firstboot application (upstream), even if only as a
> configurable firstboot option.
Sure, there is no disagreement on the ideal path. There has been RFE's
(sometimes with patches) for similar things a long time.  The
traditional problem is a very diffused userbase where anything except
status quo tends to meet with opposition.  The recent change to add sbin
to path being a recent example where somebody decides to go ahead and do
it anyway. Hopefully that happens with sudo as well.  Meanwhile I will
do two different composes. One with configuration changes and another
without to gather feedback from users.

Rahul