Omega - 2008-10-08 build

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:07:29 CEST 2008

2008/10/8 Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> The latest rawhide snapshot + rpmfusion repos. This includes generic-logos
> and generic-release (since rpmfusion release packages now depends on
> system-release), fixes a number of issues:
>
> * Default user is simply "liveuser" instead of "fedora"
> * No more "About Fedora" menu item
> * SELinux is also enabled and in enforcing mode.
There is one well known problem with vlc and selinux
It only appears with F10 x86 and consist in a selinux denial for one
mmx version of its plugin.
(one libmpeg2 selinux problem has been (re)-fixed recently).

On the other side, if you have choosen mozilla-vlc, it may work bad
along with mozplugger and totem-mozplugin.

>From my personal testing (as the livecd-fr_FR builder) vlc and
dependencies take around 40Mo more from the official livecd set of
package.
I will try to see if it can be reduced.

Nicolas (kwizart)