Do we need rpmfusion-unstable repositories ?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Oct 11 11:31:12 CEST 2008

On 11.10.2008 11:15, Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) wrote:
> Just with my previous message. I've suggested the need of having the
> nvidia beta driver provided from a separate repository.
>
> Actually there are others cases where it would be needed:
> -vlc is now at 0.9.x but still has very hard regression (VLM, vlvc,
> interaction with dependents software) from 0.8.6x, which last is
> officially unsupported (despite the unreleased 0.8.7 version is here to
> collect patches).
> - ieee1394 stack is still needed for some driver like
> http://www.ffado.org/ (it may also need compat-libraw1394 unless the
> dual stack mode works).
> - Experimental packages (that do not fit Fedora guideline yet) could
> benefit to be widely distributed. (I'm think of freevo from my personal
> repository right now, which isn't ready for review yet).
> - Might be other needs...

Heck can we *please* get the real RPM Fusion running properly before
spending much time to discuss things like this(¹). There is enough to do
for people with spare cycles! Like the package with the mock configs for
test building RPM Fusion packages. I heard about ten request for it, but
nobody started to work on it after I ask here a few weeks ago :-(

(¹) I think even the whole spins stuff came up to early...

> For theses needs, the current design of the rpmfusion repositories
> doesn't provide a solution yet. [...]

Check the archives. We right from the start agreed that we might do
additional repos where things like those you outline can be done *once*
we have the main repos in place.

Cu