Hosting the live cd

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Oct 11 12:52:23 CEST 2008

On 09.10.2008 07:07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Xavier Lamien wrote:
>> I really appreciate the effort and the work done for this spin but
>> I'd really see a _clear_ discussion about that project before start
>> host anything (including the name of the future Official RPMFusion
>> spin).

+1

One other important things for example was not discussed properly iirc:
Do we want one or two official spins? I'd say (at least in the long
term) two: one with only free packages and one that also includes
nonfree packages.

That of course will complicated the naming again. Same name with suffix
or different names for the spins?

> We have already been discussing the details including the name for a
> while in this list.

Please point me to that discussion. As far as I remember and from
searching "omega site:lists.rpmfusion.org" it was you who came up with
the name; there was not even a proper discussion (and thus no consensus).

>  I am not sure who is equipped to make a final
> decision but do that and let me know.

There was the idea of a steering committee (see wiki), but most of the
time in the past weeks we afaics (round about) worked simply discussed
things in public on the list and simply realized them a bit later if
there was a consensus (e.g. if nobody yelled loudly). That way everybody
can influence the decisions.

Cu