Nvidia drivers problem

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 20:25:20 CEST 2008

--- On Sat, 10/11/08, Mario Chacon <the.masch at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Mario Chacon <the.masch at gmail.com>
> Subject: Nvidia drivers problem
> To: "RPM Fusion developers discussion list" <rpmfusion-developers at lists.rpmfusion.org>
> Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
> Hi!
> When i try to compli nvidia kmod i get this error, Can i do
> something
> to fix it? Also ...where is Xorg in F10??? it's not in
> /etc/X11.
>
> [masch at pelotinux ~]$ sudo /etc/init.d/nvidia reload
> Checking for module nvidia.ko:
> [  OK  ]
> Enabling the nvidia driver: Traceback (most recent call
> last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/nvidia-config-display", line
> 146, in <module>
>     app = nvidiaConfigDisplay()
>   File "/usr/sbin/nvidia-config-display", line
> 35, in __init__
>     GlxConfig.__init__(self)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/livnaConfigDisplay/GlxConfig.py",
> line 41, in __init__
>     LivnaConfigDisplay.__init__(self, isVerbose)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/livnaConfigDisplay/ConfigDisplay.py",
> line 45, in __init__
>     raise livnaConfigDisplayError(XORG_NOT_FOUND)
> livnaConfigDisplay.livnaConfigDisplayError: Could not read
> the Xorg
> configuration file.
> Please make sure the configuration exists and it is
> correctly installed.
>
> [FAILED]
>

> Salu2...

The xorg.conf file is not *needed* anymore in F-10. The X-server will determine the parameters by itself. But if there *is* a xorg.conf file X-server will use it. Since the proprietary nvidia drivers need a xorg.conf file in most scenarios, I think a generic one needs to be built via "system-config-display --reconfig", possibly in %post.

-oget