Next steps to get RPM Fusion running (V2)

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Oct 15 08:11:48 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 08:30:25PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> just thought I write down a rough list of things that I plan to do for
>> RPM Fusion over the next couple of weeks. I'm sending it here in the
>> hope that some people help me with some of those task; then we
>> hopefully get RPM Fusion running quite soon.
>
> Here is a updated version; most important things at the top of the list;
> not all of the points necessarily have to be done, but ideally they all
> get done; if I missed anything just tell me ;-)
>
> - get the mirror manager that adrianr put in place (see
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001393.html
> listed as mirrors.rpmfusion.org in DNS;
>
> Needs
>  * adrianr: 	IP address

Right now the mirrorlist code runs on 129.143.116.10

>  * thias: 	DNS update

We should be able to change the DNS entry of mirrors.rpmfusion.org very
fast in case the mirrorlist server is not available. The mirrorlist code
depends on two dynamically generated files which can be easiy also copied
to another host. In case my machine goes down we could change the DNS
entry and it could then point to the backup mirrorlist machine.

		Adrian