First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:03:06 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Karel Volný wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>>   * having libdvdcvs in one of our repos could lead to
>>>>
>>> I can just endorse that...
>>>
>>> For me as an author of a German Fedora blog, I am always
>>> having mixed emotions about Livna. On the one hand, it's
>>> undoubtedly an important repository for Fedora. On the other
>>> hand, I am not allowed to mention it because this could
>>> indirectly be illegal advertising for a copy protection
>>> remover, which can be punished with up to one year of prison
>>> in Germany. I know that other German Fedora authors are
>>> thinking the same about that. Livna is "that certain
>>> repository" with sweet content, but also with a bad smell.

>> this is a really bad attitude, and I'm sad to hear that from you :-(
>> basically, you have two options: the gutless way or the brave way
>>

> Someone has a bad attitude alright...
> No, he has one option: staying legal.  Get real.
>
> -- Rex

Oh yes, Rex, you are so right.  When a corrupt over-reaching all-powerful
government makes bad laws we should all just bend over backwards and take
it.

Get Real, Get Brave, Get Guns and Revolt.  I'm willing to bet we will have a
revolution within a short time here in America.  It's either that, or we
will all end up as slaves and surfs due to the fiat currency central-banking
debt-based monetary system which most of ignorantly take a part of.