First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Oct 16 18:34:03 CEST 2008

Just wanted to reply to this thread somewhere but then I found this mail
with pretty much sums up my thoughts:

On 16.10.2008 16:20, Xavier Bachelot wrote:

> Just to add a bit more balance, I think both point of views are
> valuable. Indeed, it's against the law to distribute libdvdcss in some
> countries and I believe it's perfectly fair not to have RPMfusion
> distribute it. The purpose of RPMFusion is not to fight against bad
> laws, but to distribute legal software that cannot be distributed by
> Fedora itself for one reason or another. It is also perfectly fair to
> fight against those dubious laws and I 100% agree with you on this
> front. RPMFusion is just not the place to do that,  it would be too bad
> to loose contributors or worst, spoil all the efforts that were needed
> to build RPMFusion. Thorsten spoke about yet another place to fetch
> libdvdcss from

For now just continue to obtain it where you got it from until now (e.g.
livna or freshrpms)

> , so let's have the people willing to endorse that do it,

+1 -- I suppose those people will start to act once we definitely
decided not to have libdvdcss in RPM Fusion

> but RPMFusion should stay away from this.

+1

Cu