First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Oct 16 21:20:58 CEST 2008

On Thursday, 16 October 2008 at 16:38, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Am Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:01:38 +0200
> schrieb Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com>:
[...]
> > basically, you have two options: the gutless way or the brave way
> >
> > the first one is to write about it in a way which cannot be seen
> > in violation of the law in any way
>
> The problem here is that a famous german news site was condemned just
> because they linked in a news story to the website of a similar product
> as libdvdcss (AFAIR). So the best thing would be to not provide
> libdvdcss in RPMFusion.

It's not the best thing. It's merely a reasonable thing to do.

I'm going to remove libdvdcss code from mplayer tarball in a little
while to ensure that our position is not compromised.

On a more positive note, libdvdcss is legal (IMHO, IANAL) in Poland and
I can arrange for some hosting at a major internet hub if need be.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."