Import plans for freshrpms packages; please review!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Oct 16 22:44:31 CEST 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I took a closer look at the list of freshrpms packages that have been in
> in freshrpms only up to now (and not in dribble or livna).  Find the
> list below. If nobody complains it'll likely start this weekend (e.g.
> quite soon!) to import all those packages to RPM Fusion's CVS that are
> marked as "import" in below list. Please yell if there are good reasons
> not to import certain packages from that list. tia!

Good work! Just a few loose remarks from the top of my head for now, I'll take
a closer look later.

> acx100-firmware
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> acx111-firmware
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> advancescan
> -> import
>
> armagetronad
> -> Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge, but import
> nevertheless (see next line)

Nack, this is in Fedora proper, its called armacycles or something like that,
due to trademark concerns.

> armagetronad-moviepack
> -> import (as it is on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge)

May need some work to work properly with the Fedora armacylces package.

> BasiliskII
> -> import
>
> dvd95
> -> Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge, but import
> nevertheless as relative new and up2date

+1

> dvdrip
> -> see
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001691.html
>

> elisa-plugins-ugly -> Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge,
> but import nevertheless as relative new and up2date

+1

> flvtool2
> -> import
>
> gmameui ->   Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge, but import
> nevertheless as relative new and up2date

+1

> gocr
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> gstreamer-pitfdll
> -> Hans?

Go ahead and import it, this is uses some wine derived magic to load windows
codec dll's into gstreamer, not my cup of tea.

> gtetrinet
> -> import
>
> gxmame
> -> import
>
> hardlink++
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> lbreakout2
> -> import

Nack this is in Fedora as lbrickbuster2 (trademarks again).

> libopendaap
> -> no import, is in Fedora according to
> http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> ltris
> -> import

Someone should really take the time to rename this one (and redo splashscreen,
cleanup docs to match), upstream is ok with that, only reason this is not in
Fedora is ... trademark concerns.

> mac
> -> import
>
> mmsrip
> ->  import
>
> mimms
> -> import
>
> mpg123
> -> see
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001691.html
>

> ogmrip
> -> see
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001691.html
>

> ogmtools
> -> see
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001691.html
>

> perl-AnyEvent
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> perl-Coro
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> perl-Event-ExecFlow
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> perl-Event-RPC
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> perl-Gtk2-Ex-FormFactory
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> perl-IO-AIO
> ->  Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> pidgin-encryption
> -> Still needed/wanted? Not on http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
>
> rar
> -> import
>
> rte
> -> import
>
> vobcopy
> -> import
>
> SheepShaver
> -> import
>
> snes9express
> -> import
>
> snes9x
> -> import
>
> thoggen ->
> import
>
> torrentzip
> -> import
>
> vstream-client
> -> import
>
> xmame
> -> import
>
> xmame-roms
> ->  import

You may want to take  a look at the sdlmame-roms packages, there is probablt
overlap here.

> xmms-aac
> -> import
>
> xmms-wma
> -> import

Don't we have these in some other form / name already? (not sure at all, just
wondering).

> xplanet-maps
> -> import
>
> xvid4conf