Moving our (non)free packages from updates-testing -> updates

Nicolas Chauvet (kwizart) kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:40:02 CEST 2008

Hello.

As I'm trying to write the mock config files for rpmfusion(non)_free
I've hit somes issues:

Most (if not all) packages are available in updates-testing right now.
This is annoying as the behaviour will be different from what to expect
when rpmfusion will be officially opened.

As already reported on IRC, rpmfusion-(non)free-releease as supposed to
set it's .repo files as %config(noreplace) /etc/yum.repos.d/* (like
fedora-release)
This (noreplace) behaviour is particularly needed to point to a local
repository. or to set baseurl and use it behind a local proxy.
unless (noreplace) is used, theses tweaked config files will be
overwritted, specially when the testing repo will be desactivated.
It would be better to move the packages to updates-stable right now And
set the rpmfusion-(testing)-release accurately.

Having theses repositories used for a different behaviour is annoying
because it leads

Now I wonder what is the behaviour of the rpmfusion-(non)free.repo.
For the stable release (F-8/F-9). As it is a set of packages that we
known to fit well with the "gold" release of a given fedora version ,
specially for akmods, as we are supposed to be ABI stable (and there is
exeptions).

so to make it simple. I need to disable
[rpmfusion-(non)free]
[rpmfusion-(non)free-updates]
and activate
[rpmfusion-(non)free-updates-testing]
to have mockcfg seriously usable for everyone at this time.

It will be easier to fix the repository behaviour, given that having
packages in rpmfusion-(non)free-updates doesn't implicitly mean we
leaved the testing phase. (I cannot understand the link beetwen testing
repository a testing package and the fact that we are still in testing
phase, that's differents things)