Import plans for freshrpms packages; please review!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Oct 18 16:19:52 CEST 2008

On 17.10.2008 11:53, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> --- On Fri, 10/17/08, Matthias Saou
> <thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>
> wrote:
>>> xmms-aac -> import
 >>> xmms-wma -> import
>> Hmmm, gtk1 xmms should die. This is only encouraging it to stick
>> around ;-)
> I disagree with you at an utmost level. I still think that it is one
> of the top audio players, if not the best one. If no one wants to
> maintain it I will take these plugins over without hesitation.

I assigned you as owner for xmms-wma, branched and imported it.

I had planed to do the same for xmms-aac; but I noticed it's build from
the faad sources. Thus I'd say xmms-aac should get build from the main
faad spec file (just as it's done for xmms-faad2 right now). If there
are good reasons not to do that (and instead doign what freshrpms does)
please let me know.

BTW, Xavier is maintaining xmms-mp3 for RPM Fusion -- iirc he only took
it over as no other maintainer showed interest. You seem to be way more
interested in xmms, so maybe you might want to share the work with
Xavier and/or become primary maintainer for xmms-mp3?