Package maintainers, please read: freshrpms specs and patches/small sources uploaded, please check them and re-merge if needed

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 19 16:41:40 CEST 2008

On 16.10.2008 21:10, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:>
> I just downloaded the latest F8 and F9 srpm for all freshrpms packages,
> extracted them using rpmdev-extract, moved the big source files (*tar,
> *zip, *run, *bz2, *gz, ...) away and uploaded everything else to:
>
> http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/freshrpms-sources/
>
> (Full srpms can be found here if needed:
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/ )
>

> @packages: If your package was in dribble or livna as well as in
> freshrpms(¹) then for the sake of the RPM Fusion project and the merge
> between those three reps: please go and recheck now that the merge of
> those packages that were in multiple repos was done properly!
 > [...]

FYI, seems at least the maintainers of lame and xine afaics did not to
that yet, otherwise they would have noticed that both packages have a
higher EVR in freshrpms ;-)

So please: go and check you packages if you didn't do that already. This
is a repo merge and thus

- we should do our best to have a sane update path for users of each repo

- we should make sure that the best bits from spec files that are in
multiple repos make it into RPM Fusion

tia!

Cu